Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the hotel engineering department, attaining hotel and departmental goals, and adhering to company standards. Supervises, develops and maintains ongoing maintenance operation for hotel, including refrigeration, heating, plumbing, water treatment, preventive maintenance, hotel rooms, HVAC units, ice machines, pools, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, water softeners, switch rooms, roof exhausts, electrical substations, etc.
Note: Per the Americans with Disabilities Act, essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform the duties of maintenance associates as needed.
- Respond to maintenance requests and work orders in an expedient, professional manner.
- Interact with guests to ensure satisfaction; handle problem escalation as necessary.
- Train, mentor, counsel and discipline colleagues.
- After hours on-call availability if an issue arises; available nights and weekends.
- Seek continual improvement for the department and hotel.
- Monitor the hotel's electrical, plumbing, mechanical, pool, lighting, and HVAC systems.
- Maintain hotel shuttle (as appropriate to the hotel) in good working condition.
- Inspect hotel for signs of necessary preventative maintenance; monitor usable life of all furniture, fixtures and equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and to plan for capital purchases.
- Manage HVAC, elevator, landscape and other service contractors, including monitoring and negotiating contract agreements as necessary.
- Order tools, parts and materials; manages inventory.
- Respond or perform duties of a groundskeeper including snow removal.
- Maintain all maintenance records and accurate tracking of expenses, both costs and capital items; prepares annual maintenance budget.
- Ensure hotel compliance with all municipal, provincial and federal regulations relating to operational functions, fire and safety programs.
- Responsible for all emergency services; maintain an emergency plan for systems back up.
- Conduct loss prevention inspections as needed and ensures timely follow-up to required improvements.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations that relate to the local, state and federal laws.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: At least 3 years of experience performing engineering/general maintenance duties; engineering management or supervisory experience a plus
Licenses or Certificates: Technical certifications in electrical, plumbing or other related fields are a plus.
- Has a strong working knowledge of and passion for hospitality engineering.
- Displays a strong hands-on approach; thrives in guest and colleague interactions.
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem solving skills and has the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands; manages multiple priorities and deadlines to accomplish goals in a timely manner.
- Understands and applies federal and state employment laws.
- Is technologically savvy, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays; may work day, evening or graveyard shifts and weekend shifts. Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 75 pounds, bending and reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling or crouching and working in extreme temperatures.
Note: The above duties and qualifications may vary; incumbents may perform other related duties as assigned or needed.
Founded in 1919, privately-held Woodbury Corporation is one of the oldest and most respected hospitality and real estate development companies in the Intermountain West. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Woodbury Corporation owns and manages hundreds of commercial and residential properties plus 11 Marriott and Hilton hotel properties.
We have developed a remarkable 99-year legacy of “integrity over income.” We maintain a talented team of over 750 professionals to serve the accounting, architecture, asset management, consulting, development, hotel management, legal, sales, and leasing needs of our dynamic organization. To support our team, we offer a competitive pay and benefits program including a 401(k) plan with a company match.
With a proven track record over the last 99 years, Woodbury has demonstrated its ability to address any issue, tackle any size project, and stand out as a leader in its industry and marketplace.
Company Website: woodburycorp.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)