Summary of Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Note: Per the Americans with Disabilities Act, essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
You will prepare dishes that will delight hotel guests with their taste, presentation and timely delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Follows instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals; uses various ingredients and cooking equipment; moves around the kitchen and multi-tasks; prepares ingredients to use in cooking (chopping, peeling vegetables, cutting meat, etc.); cooks food in various utensils and grillers; checks food while cooking to stir or turn; ensures great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served; keeps a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen; ensures all food and other items are stored properly; checks quality of ingredients; monitors inventory and places orders as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, push, pull, reach, handle or grip items. Associate may be required to stand for lengthy periods of time. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, reasonable color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Prior experience as a cook is helpful but not required.
- Completion of high school or equivalent education is helpful but not required.
- Completion of culinary training is very helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of cooking procedures and methods is helpful.
- Able to follow all sanitation procedures and policies.
- Good physical condition and stamina.
- Able to relate well to hotel guests and co-workers.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to learn quickly.
- Must be neat, professional and well-groomed.
- Must possess good organization/time management skills.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Maintains an attitude focused on satisfying guests whether or not it is “our job.”
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding promptly to guests’ needs with an interest and concern in satisfying every guest.
- Stays aware of safety requirements and works in an accident-free manner.
Founded in 1919, privately-held Woodbury Corporation is one of the oldest and most respected hospitality and real estate development companies in the Intermountain West. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Woodbury Corporation owns and manages hundreds of commercial and residential properties plus 11 Marriott and Hilton hotel properties.
We have developed a remarkable 99-year legacy of “integrity over income.” We maintain a talented team of over 750 professionals to serve the accounting, architecture, asset management, consulting, development, hotel management, legal, sales, and leasing needs of our dynamic organization. To support our team, we offer a competitive pay and benefits program including a 401(k) plan with a company match.
With a proven track record over the last 99 years, Woodbury has demonstrated its ability to address any issue, tackle any size project, and stand out as a leader in its industry and marketplace.
Company Website: woodburycorp.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)