This position is responsible for proactively soliciting and managing strategic relationships within designated segments and accounts for 4 Marriott (Residence Inn, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn) and 2 Hilton (Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn) hotels in the Sandy/Draper market. This will require researching, soliciting and qualifing business opportunities and placing business in the appropriate hotel to maximize each revenue opportunity.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major plus 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management or related field
- Proven leadership skills in supervising and managing associates
- Hotel sales experience
- Account management experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Identifies and solicits new accounts within assigned vertical markets
- Proactively identifies, qualifies new accounts whose business opportunities meet hotels’ criteria
- Facilitates business transient pricing for assigned accounts in partnership with the GMs, Revenue Management and Corporate support team
- Manages and deploys sales resources to close the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
- Interprets market data to execute group sales strategies
- Understands the overall market (i.e. economic trends, supply and demand)
- Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters
- Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with brand standards.
Managing & Engaging in Sales Activities
- Conducts and coordinates site inspections for hotels as required.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer, account and opportunity data in CRM (Delphi.fdc)
- Engages in property-related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (i.e. The Mix, Breakfast)
- Understands competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and effectively sells against them
- Works collaboratively with Area Director of Sales, Account Executives, Group Sales Manager, Sales Coordinators, to establish coordinated sales activities that are complementary, and not duplicative.
Building Successful Relationships
- Conducts targeted account research to determine potential
- Develops and implements the overall account strategy
- Penetrates assigned accounts for group, transient, and extended stay business
- Participates in community and hotel networking events (Chamber of Commerce, CVB, Associations, etc)
- Partners closely with the Area Sales leadership to successfully close group business by aligning customer preferences with the hotels’ sales strategies.
- Monitors the transfer of accurate, complete, and timely information to Sales Coordinators and Event Management resources
- Implements process improvements and best practices.
- Communication--coordinates with hotels, updates hotels on the status of their accounts and pending business
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Founded in 1919, privately-held Woodbury Corporation is one of the oldest and most respected hospitality and real estate development companies in the Intermountain West. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Woodbury Corporation owns and manages hundreds of commercial and residential properties plus 11 Marriott and Hilton hotel properties.
We have developed a remarkable 99-year legacy of “integrity over income.” We maintain a talented team of over 750 professionals to serve the accounting, architecture, asset management, consulting, development, hotel management, legal, sales, and leasing needs of our dynamic organization. To support our team, we offer a competitive pay and benefits program including a 401(k) plan with a company match.
With a proven track record over the last 99 years, Woodbury has demonstrated its ability to address any issue, tackle any size project, and stand out as a leader in its industry and marketplace.
Company Website: woodburycorp.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)