Job Title: Facilities Attendant (formerly Houseman) Updated: July 2016
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/hourly, eligible for overtime pay
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Note: Per the Americans with Disabilities Act, essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Responsible for completing required brand training.
- Contributes to the achievement of hotel goals for guest satisfaction.
- Provides information and assistance to hotel guests regarding the local area and hotel amenities.
- Performs daily cleaning of all public areas and back of house and ensures there is adequate stock of supplies.
- Reports any maintenance issues located in guestrooms or public areas immediately to maintenance to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a clean and clutter-free work environment through the ongoing cleaning and organizing of the housekeeping closets, the housekeeping and laundry facility, break room, and houseman cart.
- Follows all hotel lost and found reporting and storage procedures.
- Ensures trash and debris are continually removed from the property and out of the sight of the guests.
- Maintains elevator cleanliness through the cleaning and polishing of the stainless steel panels.
- Continually monitors the pool and fitness facility ensuring the prompt removal of used towels and providing an appropriate stock of clean, dry towels.
- Washes, sanitizes and wraps guest room glassware according to the brand standards.
- Ensures public restroom and pool restroom cleanliness and provides an adequate stock of paper products.
- Communicates any inventory or supply needs to Housekeeping for ordering.
- Assists with any room attendant or laundry operations as hotel and staffing demands dictate.
- As needed, completes special projects such as carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, etc.
- Follows hotel Do Not Disturb procedures.
- Manages a well-stocked and maintained houseman cart at all times.
- Immediately reports any maintenance or repair issues to the appropriate manager so that any repairs may be addressed
- Helps contribute to meeting hotel's financial goals through loss prevention & overall cost control.
Safety and Security
- Assists in recognizing and correcting potential safety hazards (broken doors, fire hazards, etc.) and security problems (locking doors after hours, etc.)
- Looks for and reports any conditions which may endanger associates or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to report any hazardous conditions found.
- Remains watchful and reports any suspicious activity as needed to ensure safety of guests, associates and hotel assets.
- Understands and follows “Right to Know” MSDS instructions which apply to supplies and chemicals.
- Protects personal information of all guests and associates by adhering to privacy standards. Privacy standards include, but are not limited to in-person, phone, or electronic communications.
- Protects guests and assets by following hotel room entry security procedures.
- Ensures personal safety by following associate safety standards and utilizing provided safety aides.
- Adheres with policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system.
- Stays informed and capable of performing necessary hotel procedures in case of an emergency.
General Duties and Expectations
- Manages time effectively to accomplish all desired tasks, duties, and action plans.
- Adheres to all attendance policies including being punctual for all shifts and meetings.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor in all situations involving guests, associates and vendors.
- Complies with all brand standards.
- Demonstrates respect, integrity and sound judgment during each interaction with guests, associates and vendors.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, reasonable color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Prior experience related to the above duties is helpful but not required.
- Must be neat, professional and well-groomed.
- Must possess good organization/time management skills.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be in good physical condition as the job requires frequent pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, handling, and gripping
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds (lifting above the shoulder is also required).
- Able to relate well to hotel guests and co-workers.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to learn quickly.
- Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Maintains an attitude focused on satisfying guests whether or not it is “our job.”
- Ensures all brand standards are met in public areas.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding promptly to guests’ needs with an interest and concern in satisfying every guest.
- Ensures guests and associates are satisfied with public area and exterior cleanliness.
- Ensures the safety and security of guests, associates, the hotel and its assets while providing a welcoming experience through a clean and well maintained property.
- Stays aware of safety requirements and works in an accident-free manner.
Founded in 1919, privately-held Woodbury Corporation is one of the oldest and most respected hospitality and real estate development companies in the Intermountain West. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Woodbury Corporation owns and manages hundreds of commercial and residential properties plus 11 Marriott and Hilton hotel properties.
We have developed a remarkable 99-year legacy of “integrity over income.” We maintain a talented team of over 750 professionals to serve the accounting, architecture, asset management, consulting, development, hotel management, legal, sales, and leasing needs of our dynamic organization. To support our team, we offer a competitive pay and benefits program including a 401(k) plan with a company match.
With a proven track record over the last 99 years, Woodbury has demonstrated its ability to address any issue, tackle any size project, and stand out as a leader in its industry and marketplace.
Company Website: woodburycorp.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)