Summary of Duties and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions
Note: Per the Americans with Disabilities Act, essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lead and supervise front office associates who are responsible for the guest registration process and communication of hotel services; process and help other front desk associates process guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key; ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions; secure payment prior to issuing room key, verify/adjust billing; process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, and charges; accommodate guest requests, contacting appropriate staff if necessary; anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations; coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in; follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues; compile and review daily reports/logs/contingency lists and complete cashier and closing reports; assist management in training, motivating and coaching front office associates; perform other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisor.
- Performs Front Desk duties when subordinate staff are unable to complete their duties or as other guest demands require.
- A high school education or equivalent required
- At least two years previous hotel front desk experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of Front Office operations and procedures
- Able to lead and supervise other associates effectively
- Availability to work a variable work schedule
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Note: The above duties and qualifications may vary; incumbents may perform other related duties as assigned or needed
Founded in 1919, privately-held Woodbury Corporation is one of the oldest and most respected hospitality and real estate development companies in the Intermountain West. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Woodbury Corporation owns and manages hundreds of commercial and residential properties plus 11 Marriott and Hilton hotel properties.
We have developed a remarkable 99-year legacy of “integrity over income.” We maintain a talented team of over 750 professionals to serve the accounting, architecture, asset management, consulting, development, hotel management, legal, sales, and leasing needs of our dynamic organization. To support our team, we offer a competitive pay and benefits program including a 401(k) plan with a company match.
With a proven track record over the last 99 years, Woodbury has demonstrated its ability to address any issue, tackle any size project, and stand out as a leader in its industry and marketplace.
Company Website: woodburycorp.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)